Dear Valued Customers and Community,
We are Happy to Announce the reopening at long last of our resumption of in car training as of June 23rd 2020.
We hope this communique finds you and your loved ones well during these challenging times. Many changes have transpired since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and we would like to update you on our company’s operations.
All DMV offices have reopened by appointment only in a limited capacity (e.g. administering written tests) For more details, please visit https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv.
All DMV road tests with cancelled appointments are to start in early August. Pre existing appointments will be rescheduled by DMV. All new appointments will be scheduled but the likely hood is they will go into effect October or later. This of course is all pending Covid-19 situation.
At Dollar Driving School, the health and safety of our clients and community extend beyond just the road. As we look to the future, we are preparing to implement measures to safeguard both students and instructors as much as possible during driving lessons.
We have official state guidelines, but have proactively developed our own protective policies. Although California and Los Angeles have been relatively fortunate in suffering fewer cases and deaths than most other populous states and cities in the country so far, we must still make every effort to minimize the spread of contagion and overall risk of infection.
The new safety guidelines we plan to implement are as follows:
- Instructors will wipe down vehicle interiors with disinfectant prior to each lesson in the presence of the client. This includes the steering wheel, dashboard, hand brake, seat belt buckle, indicator levers, gearshift and all common contact points.
- If any person other than an instructor or student (e.g. DMV examiner or mechanic) enters a vehicle, it must be cleaned and disinfected before returning to service.
- No more than one student will be permitted in the car at any time.
- During lessons, windows will be kept down to improve air circulation (weather permitting).
- Cars will carry disinfectant wipes, a disposable bag for wipes, and tissues.
- Instructors will take their temperature daily and record it on an online company spreadsheet, regularly reviewed by administration.
- Any instructor with a fever will immediately cancel lessons and contact a medical provider for further clinical management. If the instructor is found to be COVID-19 positive, they will return to service only when cleared by a medical provider.
- Instructors will wear a mask and gloves at all times during the lesson.
- There will be no physical contact between instructors and students or their parents (e.g. shaking hands). An instructor may only come into physical contact with a student in the event of an emergency, in order to avoid an impending collision.
- Students or their parents (if students are minors) will be expected to cancel a driving lesson if they are exhibiting any signs of illness (i.e. fever, cough, or shortness of breath) within 24 hours of a lesson, without financial penalty.
- Instructors will call the evening prior to every lesson to screen students for relevant symptoms and history (i.e. fever, cough, shortness of breath, recent travel or known exposure to a COVID-positive individual).
- Students returning from a vacation or having had known exposure to COVID-19 positive individuals will have to wait at least two weeks and be asymptomatic before (re)starting lessons.
- Students will be required to wear a face mask at all times during the lesson. If students cannot procure a mask, the school will supply one (depending on availability of supplies).
- An instructor will take a student’s temperature prior to lessons to evaluate for the presence of a fever.
- All permits or licenses must be carried in a transparent, protective envelope, so that they can be viewed and wiped down after handling. Students should carry their own pen with them to avoid sharing of items.
- All payments should be made by credit card, preferably. If not possible, then cash or check should be submitted in an open envelope.
- All clients will be required to sign our Covid-19 waiver.
The guidelines are subject to change depending on constantly evolving information. These proposed measures will be kept in effect for the foreseeable future, until public health officials have determined the current state of affairs has clearly improved, thus requiring less restrictive measures. We will continue to closely monitor city, state, and federal updates regarding phased re-opening. The health and safety of our clients and employees is of the utmost importance, and we will do our due diligence to ensure as safe an environment as possible.
Robert Jay Stahl
Owner/Dollar Driving School Inc.
Driving School Association of California
Cell# (818) 625-4805
Office# (818) 264-0555
22311 Ventura Blvd. #119
Woodland Hills, CA. 91364